Come hear Altair Members Holly Alden and Andy and Sally Benton share their direct personal insights into this vibrant model community!
Altair calls itself an “EcoVillage.” What do we mean? Ithaca can help us understand this… Come share our experiences with one of the most sustainable developments in the US.
- Ithaca is on the international circuit of EcoVillages (Global Ecovillage Network)
- They built three very different Cohousing communities
- Holly lives there part time and will tell us her story
- Andy and Sally visited recently and can share slides
- Years ago we had a workshop with one of the founders, Liz Walker, who is also author of the book Ecovillage Ithaca, which gives the history of the community – we will review that encounter
- We also got together a while back with the architect of the first housing neighborhood called FROG and can relate something of this meeting
We will gather at 3:30 pm. Please RSVP if you would like to see Altair's site – we are offering a tour around 3:00 pm.
Bring a potluck dish to share for a dinner around 5 or 5:30 pm. Park at the Kimberton Arts Building at Kimberton and Prizer Roads and walk up the hill six houses across the street.